Friday 7 October 2011

Skills

I have been training for a climbing holiday in Hueco, Texas for the past few months now. Today I feel shattered. Had a climb at Reading yesterday and I felt bad there too. I think my body is destroying itself. The day before yesterday (Wednesday) I went to the Climb in Amersham and had a woody board/campus board session. That felt good, I felt like I was getting stronger. Then I went home and hanged out with Nick and Kat for a bit. Then they went to bed and I went to my room. I knew what I had to do. I had to regulate. It had been weeks since I last killed people in a virtual environment. I remember a kid at school saying to me 'You know Will, everyone has a talent, God gives us these gifts. Look, you have a talent at throwing'. Hmm, that's true I am amazing at throwing but I wasn't satisfied by that. Anyone can throw. I needed something more substantial. I no longer believe in a deity (stopped believing in my pre-teens). Hmm. I was going to build this up into something interesting but I've lost my train of thought because my colleague has just asked me if I knew where some labels were and after helping her out, I am now lost in a blizzard of thoughts. Basically what I was trying to build up to was that I have a talent at FPS console games. Like Call of Duty and Battlefield Bad Company 2. I mean, I'm seriously good. I worked out that my equivalent bouldering grade would be about 8B, maybe 8B+, definitely 8B base level. I don't even play that much anymore. Ahh yes, that's the reason why I'm writing this, I was training and then I went home and played a bit of Battlefield. I jumped into a game, armed myself with the M1 Garand to instantly handicap myself (it's an 8 shot WWII era rifle, when everyone else uses modern assault rifles with optics). Kill after kill, I was dominating. So amazing. I killed this sniper who was trying to bitch me, but I bitched him. I ran off and saw 4 snipers on a hill in the distance. I ran back to where I slaughtered the other sniper and picked up his rifle. I aimed at the snipers on the hill. 4 shots, 4 deaths. Spectacular. I won the game and the next 3 games. I was well chuffed. Especially after not playing for ages. It's nice to have a talent*.

Also, going up to Sheffield this weekend, should be nice to see other people.


*Well five if I include: my fighting ability, singing, wit and being deceptively strong. Unfortunately, I never use my fighting skills much since another talent I have is to have panic attacks. Hmm, not really panic attacks as such, maybe more 'getting scared' moments. Hmm. I haven't actually been in a situation where I would even have to punch someone. I guess it's due to my charming nature. Plus, I don't think having panic attacks would classify as a talent, it's probably more of a hindrance if anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment