Friday 16 September 2011

Australia

My work colleague has brought in her friend's Australian kid who's about 9 (she's looking after him for a while) and I tried to help him settle in by saying 'Alright little tigger, you wan' me to fire up the barbie?'. He looked really shocked and kind of scared. Realising that I was scaring him I tried to reassure him by saying 'Australia is a really interesting country, it's full of amazing but deadly creatures like the Sydney Funnel Web Spider, that can kill a child in a bite!!', then my colleague asks him where he lives in Australia. He replies 'Sydney'. The room goes silent. Then after a while I said 'Cool, also out of the 10 deadliest snakes in the world, 8 are from Australia! Isn't that cool'. He didn't reply. I then turned to my other colleague and whispered 'Tough crowd'. Turned out the kid hates living in Australia.

No comments:

Post a Comment