Wednesday 9 November 2011

Being amazing

I always knew I was different, special even. People would say 'Will's such a cool person', and I'd be like 'Cheers Gary' and he'd go 'How could you hear me?'. I never knew. NOW I DO. I've just had a hearing test at work (part of the health and safety stuff) and I not only passed, I have the best hearing in the ENTIRE COMPANY. 400 people +. The guy doing the test asked me whether I cheated, I said no, he said well you couldn't anyway, this test is designed so it can't be cheated. I told him that I knew I was special. Superhuman. It's my senses. I have great eyesight, taste and smell. I'm basically like Wolverine, but without the healing, strength, claws, hirsuteness, courage, longevity and Adamantium skeleton. I need to think of a way I can use my power to save people. Maybe I'll patrol the streets of Amersham. I'll hear police sirens and rush over (probably drive) and say 'Hi, I heard your sirens from about 2 miles away, how can I help?', they'd reply 'Thank God you're here, ok, we have 4 really hot ladies trapped in that burning building, use your heightened senses to get them out. Dammit. Ahhh fire, hurry, it's get hotter'. 'Ok, I'll do what I can'. I'll then proceed to rescue them. Hmm. While that sounds fun, mostly likely I'd be watching TV and hear the sirens and think ahh fuck that, Frozen Planet is on. Still, it's the thought that counts. I'd have to wear a mask or something. Actually, thinking about it, if they said about rescuing the ladies from a burning building, I'd have to decline. Firstly, the smoke and heat would ruin my sense of smell and secondly, that's pretty dangerous and I lack even the most basic fire fighting equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment