Monday 28 November 2011

Sodium is an alkali metal.

Many things have happened to me since my last entry. I have spent some money on plane tickets to El Paso, USA. I have been training a lot and I have been involved in a minor car accident (not an accident). I went climbing today at Amersham and I have decided that I'm crap at climbing. It's really hard and I don't think my body is naturally strong. I used to work on a building site with my brother in law (Glenn) so I was once very strong. Hmm. I've forgotten what I was going to write about. Ah, now I've forgotten everything. Damn it. My memory is bad. Well, actually it's not that bad. I can remember being spoon fed food when I was a toddler and being taken around in a pram thing. More like my short term memory is bad.

On Saturday we (Grant, Jon, Nick Harvey and me) went to The Castle in London. I like that place, there's generally a good amount of pretty ladies to give me the required psych to climb. I hate how it only sells vegan crappy food in the cafe area. I walk up to the counter and think 'Oh sweet, a pasty!' only to find that it's 100% meat free. Piss off. Even their cola is a stupid alternative cola, I guess selling proper Coca Cola or Pepsi is too corporate for them. Ahhhh. Coca Cola is fucking delicious. It's way nicer than that other crap. If it wasn't so tasty, it wouldn't be so popular. Hmm. Vegans. Still, they do sell Mars Bars and Opal Fruits so it's not all bad. We drove to The Castle in Jon's smart, yet ostentatious Mercedes. Within 5 minutes of getting into the car, Nick H had managed to find a way to remotely cut out all the music and also make an alarm sound go off. This annoyed Jon, which is exactly what Nick wanted. I don't know why Jon does this to himself. It's like the battered wife syndrome, always coming back. Once Nick repeatedly threw Jon's climbing shoes down a hill. I guess it's bullying, if you look into the technical definition of the term. Anyway, we were driving along when we came up to traffic. Jon wasn't pleased. He had to be back by 5 in order to base the thanksgiving turkey at his friends place. I looked at him and I knew something was up. Anger. The traffic moved forward a bit. Jon drove on and then police sirens went off at the opposite road, I turned forward and saw the car keep moving into the car in front. Fortunately, Jon's crappy crash alert system went off a good 0.5 seconds before we hit, which was enough time for me to go 'SHIIIITTT JOOONNN!!'. BANG. Well, it was more of a dull thud. Jon was livid. Not only did he bump into a car with all the fault being his own, the car in front was a BMW. I'm pretty sure he thought it was a Kia or something and so assumed that they'd pull over to let him pass... I'm getting bored of writing this now, so I'll wrap it up. Jon was annoyed for the rest of the day. I had one of the worst climbing sessions of my recent climbing life. We drove back and I watched a film called The Proposition. It's about early Australia. A good film.


I think I'll write another blog thing when my brain is feeling fresher.

No comments:

Post a Comment