Tuesday 6 September 2011

End of the Road festival, it was fun, but why?

I have just returned from the annual music festival called End of the Road. It was the third time I went and it was a lot more busy. There were about 10,000 people there this year, compared to about 5,000 in the preceding years. A lot of really cool people were there too: one chap had really long hair on top of his head and shaved hair at the sides. Tot'num cool.

I have just remembered that I used to have a blog on MSN Spaces, but they closed it down (complaints). Turned out the backward thinking philistines at Word Press (who bought out MSN Spaces) couldn't transfer over my old blog to the new Word Press site*. Hmm, I'm not overly angry, just frustrated I guess. Ah but I do have an active blog on my old Myspace (stylised as My _____). I have just had a quick read of it. Hmm. Not particularly good, but it does detail my slightly inane life after leaving uni. Please. My MSN one was better. It had pictures and emotion. Though the Myspace one does go back to '06. And it details my early beginnings into the world of rock climbing.

The End of the Road festival didn't feel as good as last year - it was rather cold on the last night and I felt that the line up was a bit of a mash up. They finished with Joanna Newsom, who is one of my favourite harpists. It was a pity that it was so darn cold. Three Trapped Tigers didn't play either, which basically made last years festival for me. Boom ticky.

---

I am currently at work, eating a lovely spaghetti bolognese. It tastes like spaghetti bolognese should taste, so that's good. I don't particularly like the branded chef ones like Lloyd Grossman's sauces. Hmm. I'm getting a bit bored now and running out of things to write about. Actually, I have run out of things to write about. I think I'm going to use italics and other fancy word processing tricks more often, I think it makes this blog thing look more pro'.


Here are a couple of links of interesting things to read/watch:

The Battle of Jacob's Ford - an interesting battle of a crusader army vs a massive muslim army commanded by none other than Saladin. People died.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jacob%27s_Ford
Fail compilations are always fun to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrYQpMeHmMY
Saw this chap live, he's good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duPxXtW4RKE
Thug life, street life, other peoples lives.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDoFyZ5uH8I

1 comment:

  1. 'Turned out the backward thinking philistines at Word Press (who bought out MSN Spaces) couldn't transfer over my old blog to the new Word Press site*'

    I write it like I actually spoke to the people at Word Press. I didn't. I just tried to logon and it said 'This site is closed' or something like that. So I went 'Ah well, that's a shame'. Maybe I should try and get it back by writing a strongly worded letter to Word Press or whoever owns them.

    ReplyDelete