Monday 12 September 2011

Pain

My arms hurt because I've been training a lot and I think I have strained them. I went to Westway on Saturday and I climbed for a bit (1 hour) and then said to Nick (who was there) 'Ahh, Nick, my arms really hurt, I'm going to stop', to which he replied his ever present condescending tone 'Ok'. As I was preparing to leave I saw Adrian and had some banter with him about being addicted to crack cocaine and steroids. This was funny because I haven't tried neither and I doubt I ever will. We both laughed and I walked away happy. I then packed up my stuff and left via the main entrance.

I like to organise my time efficiently so I had other motives for going to London to climb: I was going to see Liam's band play in Camden. I have never seen his band (Lieutenant), but I felt that then (last Saturday) was the best time, since it was on the weekend and I could go climbing beforehand. Getting to the gig was most vexing since it was in Camden (as mentioned) and the tube always seems to be broken on the weekend. I thought to myself damn it why is it always broken on the weekend, when all the tourists use it? and then I thought Ahhhh of course Will, the money that tourism brings in is nothing compared to what banks and stuff do, so that's why! YES! I then kept on walking with a bemused look on my face when I figured out the truth. Finally, I reached Camden town station and marched over to the venue (the journey took longer than I thought because I got lost around the estates in Camden and went up the wrong roads. Fortunately, I didn't see any hoodlums with knives otherwise I would be writing this in a cybercafe in Coventry (If the hoodlums had tried to attack me, I would have defended myself using my brutal hand to hand combat skills which would have led to my would-be attackers dying from my violent onslaught and me having to go on the run for a while, until the law give up the chase)). I must add that this has never happened in all my 26 years thinking it might (touch wood, I don't want to go on the run). I always wondered how effective I would be in a fight. Once my friends and I were attacked by some chav kids in Wycombe, when I was 14. My survival instincts kicked in straight away and I ran off. Most of my friends weren't as fast as me so couldn't keep pace, if that was a live or die situation I would have survived. I'm slightly stronger now and have more knowledge about hand to hand combat. Hmm, maybe I should go around seeking duels with other people in order to get more experience about combat, like what (some) ronin did during the feudal era in Japan (1185-1868). Maybe I'd start in India or somewhere, where the population are small and malnourished. Then I could work my way up to more affluent countries. Not sure how I'd start the duel, perhaps I should advertise it on a lamp-post or something. Hmm. This definitely needs more thought.

I'm actually a bit tired of writing this now, in might summarise what happened after (when I got to the venue).

1. Got to the venue
2. Eat a bag of chips and went to the Jon's flat
3. Went back to the venue
4. Saw old friends like Jon, Tom, Liam, Brian, Rory, Alice, Alex, Neil, Alex, Kelly and Tom.
5. I parked my car at Westway and missed the last train so had to get a taxi back to it. Alex was annoyed but I was expecting to miss the last train and I liked the walked from where I left it to the station, I forgot about the whole 'getting back to the car' thing.
6. Got home at 2am. My ears were ringing from the music. That really annoyed me. Next time I'll bring ear plugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment